Toronto Police Chief Bill Blair says investigators have recovered a digital video file that depicts Mayor Rob Ford and is “consistent with what had been previously described in various media reports.”
Chief Blair also announced that police had on Thursday taken into custody the mayor’s friend, Alexander Lisi, and charged him with extortion. Lisi will appear in court today.
The police chief said he was “disappointed” after viewing the video.
• Police chief Bill Blair says police have recovered video
• Says video is consistent with earlier media reports about Ford
• Ford friend and alleged drug dealer Alexander Lisi arrested for extortion
• Mayor screams at media, refuses to comment on court documents
• Ford in close contact with Lisi, calls many times a day, court document revealed
• City Hall staff said Lisi appeared to be mayor’s only close friend